Our Privacy Philosophy was last updated 01/01/2020
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information · Sharing of Information · Social Sharing Features Security
- Internet Technologies Used
- Children’s Privacy
- Links from our Services to Other Websites · Your Choices
- Third Party Advertising, Analytics and Services
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Visitors from outside the United States
- Changes to this Policy
- Contact Us
Our collection of Information
We collect information you provide us on servers located in the United States. We collect information when, for example, you create an online account with us, use our website, purchase from us, enter any contests, promotions, events and newsletters we sponsor or otherwise provide us information about yourself. The type of information we collect may include:
- Account information we may collect includes your name, postal and e-mail address, phone number, social media username(s), and any information you may share about your interests and preferences.
- Transaction information we may collect includes account information as well as your credit card information and transaction history. We pay for additional security in regards to credit card security making transactions and information more secure.
Our use of Information
The information we collect is generally used to process your requests or transactions, provide you with the Services, personalize them to you and maintain and improve their quality, tell you about opportunities we think will be of interest, monitor and analyze your use and behavior patterns, and understand your needs so that we can serve you better. For example, we may use your telephone number, your e-mail or your postal address to communicate about opportunities and programs. If you prefer not to receive Promotional Information from us, we make it easy for you to let us know. You can contact us at any time to request an update to your personal information on file or modify our use of it (see Your Choices below).
Our sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you outside of Greek Clothing Company. For example:
- We may provide to third party service providers certain information that is necessary to fulfill an order you have placed with us. For example, if you request shipment for a purchase, we may provide your address to the shipping carrier, and if you pay by a credit or debit card, your card number and sales transaction information are passed on to the credit card processor and/or issuer (including their service providers such as fraud verification services). We may also use service providers to provide services such as hosting the site and providing advertising and marketing services. However, we give vendors, suppliers, and others involved in the commercial distribution chain only the information needed to provide you the products or services you order, such as shipping and/or billing address, e-mail address, telephone number and product orders. Moreover, we require them to keep the information confidential and not to use it for other purposes. We are not responsible for any additional information you provide directly to these parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their practices before disclosing information directly to them. Our service providers may be located in the U.S., Canada or other foreign jurisdictions.
- We may also provide access to data that includes your personal information as an asset in connection with the contemplated or actual financing, securitization, insuring, merger, sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) or other encumbrance, divestiture or disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purposes of determining whether to proceed with the transaction or fulfilling any records or other reporting requirements to relevant third parties. In the event of any actual transaction involving transfer of ownership or encumbrance, your personal information, among other things, may be transferred as part of the transaction.
- We also may share your information when you specifically ask or authorize us to do so, or when we conclude disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, to enforce our agreements and policies, and where circumstances otherwise warrant doing so.
Our Social Media Policy
GreekClothingCo.com follows industry standards when it comes to securing / storing your personal information to protect against its loss, misuse or alteration while under our control. We use industry standard security measures when accepting your credit card information during the online ordering process, as well as whenever we ask you to login to any of our Services. That said, data transmission over the Internet is not 100% secure. Although we use industry standard security measures, we do not guarantee against the loss, misuse or alteration of any information during its delivery or under our control. We thus urge you to always take care how you handle and disclose your personal information over the Internet.
Our Internet Technologies Used
Accessing, Updating, or Correcting Your Personal Information. Subject to limited exceptions under applicable law, you have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control. We may request certain personal information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her personal information records. If you would like to access, update, or correct your personal information in our custody or control, or if you have questions about the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information, you may do so by logging into your online account, emailing CustomerService@GreekClothingCo.com, or otherwise contacting us at the address provided under the “Contact Us.” You may also email us at this same address if you wish to deactivate your account, but note that we may retain certain information about you for archival, safety notice and other legal or business purposes. Our Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails and text messages from GreekClothingCo.com by following the instructions in those communications or by contacting customer service. If you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional (i.e., transactional) emails that, for example, relate to your purchases, your account or our ongoing business relations.
Our Location Information
You also have the ability to turn location-based services on and off by adjusting the settings of your Internet browser or mobile device, or by following the standard uninstall process and removing all GreekClothingCo.com applications, if any, from your mobile device.
Third Party Advertising, Analytics and Services
Your California Privacy Rights: California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. However, under the law, a business is not required to provide this information if it permits California residents to opt in to or out of this type of sharing. GreekClothingCo.com is happy to facilitate customer opt outs. To opt out of sharing your information with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please call Customer Service. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California residents have the right to request, among other things, disclosure of the categories of personal information collected. GreekClothingCo.com shares a list of the categories of personal information it collects, and the purpose for collecting personal information as well as how the information is shared. This information can be accessed here. GreekClothingCo.com does not sell personal information to third parties. If you would like a copy of your specific personal information collected during the prior 12 months or would like your personal information deleted, email CustomerService@GreekClothingCo.com. While interacting with services provided by GreekClothingCo.com, email sent to your inbox from GreekClothingCo.com, interactions with GreekClothingCo.com in social media, or GreekClothingCo.com may collect information about your interactions.
How We Share Information We Collect
Service Providers: We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with fulfilling orders and delivering services.
Analytics Partners: We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data generated by visiting our digital properties. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug service features or to identify and repair errors that impair existing functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with any applicable legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights. To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by submitting your request to CustomerService@GreekClothingCo.com or by calling our toll-free number included in the Email Us section of the website. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within any 12 consecutive-month period.
- The verifiable consumer request must: Provide sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative of that person. Describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the identity or authority to make the request. Response Timing and Format. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you in writing of the reason we need more time and the applicable extension period. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. If applicable, our response will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer requests unless they are excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that a request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we have made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Visitors from outside the U.S.